Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh My Whoa... Children Everywhere: A Middle School Teacher's Adventure


If the school sends out children with a desire for knowledge and some idea of how to acquire and use it, it will have done its work
--Richard Livingstone 


This past week I started my first week of student teaching

I turned 24 (ahhh!)

 I witnessed the Razorbacks loose to a team they should have beat,
 I recommitted my life

and I taught my first official class all on my own, no teacher, just me against the world.



That sure is a lot for one person to absorb in just one week, wouldn't you agree?

 I have heard

 "Excuse  me, Miss... uh... Teacher lady..." so many times this week, that I am seriously considering changing my first name to Miss, my middle name to Teacher and my last name to Lady. That way, there won't be any confusion! ;o)

It has truly been nothing but a blessing to be in the classroom this week, I'm looking forward to what the rest of the semester could possible have in store, I just can't imagine all of the great things the future coming my way!

Tomorrow I get scootin on my resume
 which I MUST finish this weekend.

 Soon this will all be over and I will wonder where all the time went, although I must admit, I can't wait to have my own classroom, just can NOT wait! It's all just around the corner!!



-in Christ,
 ~Marisa Lynn

No comments: