Friday, November 18, 2011

One Week Later

Well, so far I'm still alive. Trying to change the way I eat and exercise hasn't killed me yet! I figure it won't. :)

The week has been full of challenges and disappointments but it has also come with some accomplishments! So let's kick this post off with the positive.

I started working out last Thursday evening. Today is Friday, so I have been working on this lifestyle change for only 9 days now. I have worked out 5 of those 9 days. I am thinking for someone like me that is pretty dern tootin' good! Since I got my scale on Monday I have lost 1.6 lbs, so I'm almost to my 2lb goal for the week! Hoping by Sunday it has melted away along with a few more pounds maybe! :D Wishful thinking! I also started the PointsPlus System with Weight Watchers and plan to go to meetings once a week. I'm doing this with a lady from church that I look up to and adore so much, Pam Stephenson. She talked me into it! I just started my daily points yesterday. So today, Friday, is only day two counting "points" and not "calories."
So to highlight the positive I have:

1. Worked out 5 of 9 days and plan to work out tonight making it 6 of 9!
2. Have lost 1.6 lbs so far. Baby steps, but they are steps.
3.Started Weight Watchers

All within the first week! YAY!!

Now onto some of the tough times this week. Did ok the first few days. Went out and bought a lot of fruits and veggies and I've actually been enjoying eating those as opposed to junky junk! But on Sunday I had a little trip up and ordered pizza. I felt so bad after but I decided, with the help of some friends, that I had to let that failure go and keep on truckin'. Can't let it get me down. On Monday my scale came in! I was so excited until I stepped onto it. I basically burst into tears cause I weighed more than I thought. My long term goals seemed to fall apart before my eyes. I couldn't see how this was all possible but I decided then, those numbers would not go ANY higher. This will be my last "fat" November of my life and THAT thought excited me. With the help of a friend's phone call Monday night after the weighing I kicked my butt out the door and on to the gym. I have done my best to leave that number I saw Monday out of my head except when I'm weighing. If I go down even just a .1lb, I have succeeded that day. And if I haven't... it's one day. Tomorrow, I try again.

Thank you for all of the support and prayers. I don't know how often I'll give an update. It'll depend on the mood. I'm excited about weight watchers and I know that it is going to help me with the lifestyle change that I am looking to be a forever change.

You guys are awesome! Whether you are praying, calling, sending me texts, writing on my FB wall, a workout buddy, or whatever... I am SOOOOO incredibly thankful for you!

-in Christ,
 ~Marisa Lynn

No comments: