Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Pride and Prejudice

From the first moment i met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others, made me realize that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry... Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time

Its been almost two weeks since I have posted anything and let me tell you, its been a crazy couple of weeks. I feel like my life is in overdrive right now with so much going on! Spring Sing is always happening, School is something that I want to succeed at now so I work very hard to maintain good grades. I currently have a 97% in Biology which makes me very VERY happy with myself, not gonna lie. It is exactly the kind of class that I would usually struggle with.

I'm currently reading two books, Pride and Prejudice and The Search for Significance. I love not having a ton of reading to for classes so that I can be reading books that I want to read. I have never read either of these books and I'm enjoying both of them very much. From what I have read so far, I recommend The Search for Significance! I have it if anyone desires to read it, which you should. I think that everyone should read it. And I've only just began to read it, so that is saying a lot.

There is a nice little winter storm on its way. I wonder if this means that I may get to sleep in, in the morning. I could not be so lucky. It sure would be nice to just sit at home tomorrow and read a book and not get out in the cold weather. But I'm almost willing to bet that I will be getting out tomorrow, for Harding University does not particularly care what the weather is doing. We'll see when I wake up in the morning, I guess.

If anyone has any prayer requests feel free to post them. I love knowing specific things that I need to pray for. I hope that this update finds everyone well, or relatively well at the very least.

If you are reading this from Northwest Arkansas, please be safe with the upcoming weather. I have a bet going that nothing will happen up there and I hope for your sake nothing does. Its safer that way! If you are reading this from Searcy, keep dreaming. The weather will not likely affect us in the way you desire. If you are reading this from anywhere else, have a safe weekend, regardless of the weather may be like. I love you all!

-in Christ,
~Marisa Lynn

No comments: