Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me

I have learned a thing or two about the kind of relationship I want in a husband just from living with a various array of people throughout my time in college. Throughout this post I will accompany my hopes with quotes.
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."
I am an independent person. Relying on people has never been a strong point of mine, mainly because when I have my life seemed to get out of control. I lost control. So, sadly I'm very guarded because I don't like the feeling of losing control, at least not to another human being. One day, maybe. I wouldn't say that I'm not a leader but I may not always be the person to follow either. I have learned that I want someone in my life that will live this life with me, walking strongly, bravely, spiritually and sometimes quietly beside me. I want that man to be my very best friend. period.


In that best friend, this needs to be applicable;

"A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view. "
That one kind of speaks for itself.


Ultimately this is what I long for...
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

That in itself speaks to me. I long for a relationship with my saviour so that all of my other relationships can be like his. None will ever be as amazing as his relationship but one day, I know that God will put someone in my life that is exactly what I need. I may have high standards, but I'm not lowering them so that I can end up with someone that God didn't intend me to. I'm waiting patiently, cause love is patient, remember? It isn't always easy, its not supposed to be but it is do-able.


 Once I stop looking...
"Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream... "

-Marisa Lynn

No comments: